Monday, January 17, 2011

PROLIFICK PROFILES - STYLE vs. SUBSTANCE

I have a lot of different thoughts running through my mind, at this moment, but none are as important as YOU, my Loyal Readers!

We are in mid-January and so many projects and clients have come and gone, it's hard to say where one had started and the other ended. THIS is actually a good thing, but I have found it harder and harder to keep up the pace. My body is, definitely, willing but my mind is weak. It seems people are doing the same things over and over and talking about the same topics which, in the end, are not really amounting to anything; and this IRKS me...

Back in the day, I used to be able to re-invent myself and go to a different place at the drop of a hat, but life has now handed me a plateful of responsibility that includes a future baby daughter and an up and coming business that is growing on a daily basis. I need a change, but am unsure what I want to do and how I want to do it. I am too young to be going through the "mid-life crisis" and too old to be hitchhiking to the next town "on a whim".

So, what can I do? It's an easy answer, actually. I just create.
"Create? What exactly does THAT mean?" you may ask. Well, since I am older and wiser (supposedly), I create ideas and opportunities. Yes, I KNOW it sounds boring and stiff, but it keeps me busy. It, also, keeps me aware of my surroundings because when you are a "creator" or "producer" it's imperative to evolve and keep up with the current trends and fads. THIS is where I get into trouble.

I have noticed over the years that the projects/ideas that people are proposing to me have no substance. They sound nice, exciting, and even somewhat "stylish", but in the end, they are like grape-flavored popsicles, great to have and eat but not much value. (nutritional)

PROLIFICK PROFILES is going against the grain and vows to stay entertaining, yet educational. It is important to me that you, my Readers, get "something" out of the time you have spent with my words. I mean you may not get an epiphany or a life changing vision, but if nothing else, it may just cause you to have a moment and think, "Hmmmm, that's interesting..." Because if not, then what's the point? ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment