Monday, October 11, 2010

I'M JUS' SAYIN' by J. MARIE

Many people try to imitate the latest fashion trends, but a lot of the
time, the outcome is jus plain old bad. For instance, just because you
see Rihanna rocking the mohawk hair style, does not mean it will look
good on your face, Lol. Another thing that people don’t realize about
trends is that they end. I still see people wearing a plaid scarf
around their neck and those ugly little Chinese slippers. This has to
stop!! Throw them out, or give them to your children to play dress up
with.

I believe everyone has good intentions when it comes to style, however
about 70% of people have no clue how to put their ideas together the
right way. There are also clothes made specifically for your unique
body type, which I don’t think people understand. (Bikinis and
leggings are not for everyone.)

Every day, I drive through the Lehigh Valley and find myself staring
at people in amazement. I also work in the HR department at my job and
have seen how some people dress for interviews. (I was considering
taking pics of people, but I decided that there is a fine line between
opinionated and evil, so I didn’t go there.) When I go out to a club
or a show, same thing happens. I find both males and females confused
on how to get the “correct look.”

In my eyes, there is a time to dress casual, comfy, sexy and
professional. Ladies - Sexy does not mean you go to Horizon two weeks
after popping out a baby with an extra small lil’ black dress (knowing
you should be in a large), a red belt, red heels (that you cannot walk
in), a red purse, red earrings, red lipstick, red nail polish and a
red flower in your hair. Y’all need to understand, jus because your
outfit is skin tight and has the same color scheme going on, doesn’t
mean it looks good! Accessorizing is a very simple thing to learn -
less is always better. I’m tired of seeing the 86 fake gold/silver
bangles going all the way up your arms. Keep it simple! When we see
you out, we don’t just look at you like a dumbass, but your friends
too! I know damn well my friends would never let me out the house in
something like that!! And men - C’mon now! Own a button down shirt n
get yourself some ‘fitted’ jeans. There should be no reason in the
world for you to get mad that a bouncer won’t let you in the club with
a 4xl white t shirt, baggy ass jeans and the only thing fitted is your
hat (that isn’t welcome in the club). This is not the 90’s anymore! It
may have been cool in middle school for the teachers to ask you to
pull up your pants, but when you are 25+ years old, give me a break!
Oh yeah, and pleaseeee, whatever you do - Do Not Wear Shades in the
Club!! I cannot stress how dumb this makes you look. Unless you’re
performing, just leave them in the car.

For those of you who still are a little confused, here are some pointers:

Girls

Must Have’s

-Stilettos (and practice walking around your house, before in public)

-Corset (especially for baby baring ladies – keep it tight and tucked)

-A few different purses (there are some for every day use, dinner,
going out, etc. Switch it up)

Don’t

-Overdo the make up (the key is to enhance your features, not look
like your part of the circus)

-Wear skinny jeans with sneakers; if your feet are too big (Just dress
them up with a pair of heels)

-Wear extremely short shirts, shorts or skirts that show too much
(cellulite and stretch marks are to be worn under your clothes)

Guys

Must Have’s

-Soft smelling cologne (we don’t need to smell you blocks away)

-A suit or dress pants (It doesn’t have to cost a lot, just something
that looks good)

-Clean Sneakers (keep ‘em clean boys)

Don’t

-Wear super skinny jeans (a girl’s hand should be able to fit without
having to take them off)

-Have cornrows (it takes too much time to keep them up. Just cut your
hair and get your grown on. Believe me, it’s sexy and looks much
cleaner too.)

-Wear basketball shorts with a long sleeve shirt in the winter

I guess the point of this article is to make people aware and maybe
take one more look in the mirror before leaving the house. There are
so many styles out in the world, so don’t limit yourself to just one.
Think about where you’re headed before putting an outfit together. And
always remember- Dress to Impress!

With that being said- I’m not a hater.. I’m Jus Sayin’!

No comments:

Post a Comment